$250 | One hour of 1:1 Coaching
I love talking shop with photographers, and I’m happy to share everything I’ve learned — I’m an open book! Whether you’ve been shooting for years or days, I’m ready to help you create a business that serves your lifestyle and brings you joy.
Coaching sessions are available Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. and take place over video chat! If you happen to be local to Boston, we can also meet in person at my office in Fort Point.
Before we meet, I’ll send you a questionnaire so you can tell me what you’re hoping to learn from the session. This will help me give you personalized advice and specific action steps to take after our call.
Since I cover a lot of information in a short amount of time, I teach best in one-hour stretches! If you still have questions after our meeting, please feel free to follow up with an email or schedule a second session!
- The equipment that I use and trust
- Camera fundamentals (aperture, shutter speed, shooting mode, focus, exposure, ISO, etc.)
- How to take advantage of natural light (backlighting, open shade, window light, silhouetting, etc.)
- How to get subjects to relax in front of the camera
- Building a relationship with your clients
- What makes a great shooting location
- My must-have shots and shooting order
- Learn everything that I do to achieve my editing style
- Follow me start-to-finish as I edit an image, starting in Lightroom and ending in Photoshop
- How I quickly narrow down the images from a session
- Photoshop shortcuts that will save you time
- Topics within Lightroom: bringing life into your skin tones, cropping for strong composition, changes I make to every single image, using the HSL panel, etc.
- Topics within Photoshop: curves, levels, sharpening, removing blemishes, smoothing skin, fixing flyaway hairs, etc.
- Monitor calibration
- Organizational tools, including client questionnaires, contracts, and session guides
- Streamlining your client’s user experience
- Communicating session expectations, style, and delivery timeline
- Communicating your brand with strong writing
- Dealing with difficult client situations
- Finding your ideal clients
Although I love discussing other topics with local photographers, at this time I’m not teaching marketing to photographers in the Boston area.
- Defining your brand and business image
- Building your business through email marketing
- Boosting your Google ranking through SEO
- Blogging topics for when you’re out of ideas
- Tools I use to manage my marketing calendar
- Using social media to your advantage
- Getting people to spread the word for you
- Using your writing effectively
- Organizing your portfolio to your advantage
- Writing a bio for your website
- Pricing your services to achieve the lifestyle you want
- Setting a separate budget for your business and paying yourself a salary
- Sales methods: online vs. IPS (I have experience with both)
- Pricing and collection psychology
- How to reach six-figure sales numbers
- My start-to-finish workflow for every client, beginning from the initial phone call to the final thank you note
- Tips and tricks to help you stay on top of your Gmail inbox
- Optimizing your Google Docs, Google Calendar, and Google Reader to serve your business
- Juggling your business & other life commitments while staying sane ?
- Client scheduling: dos and don’ts
- Registering your legal business
- Creating a business bank account and paying yourself a salary
- Collecting and paying sales tax
- Systems for bookkeeping
- Hiring an accountant that’s right for you
- Budgeting for your business and measuring against industry benchmarks
- Please note that any financial advice given is from personal experience, and this advice should not be used as a substitute for consulting a professional accountant.
- Vendors I trust & use regularly, include photo labs, website templates, designers, and packaging suppliers
- My top 3 tips to quickly grow your business in a brand new city
- Mistakes I’ve made in 9 years of business, and what I’ve learned from them
- Additional courses, books, and other resources for you to keep learning after we meet
“I always thought about one-on-one mentoring, but was scared that it wouldn’t produce results. Kate gave me the confidence to raise my prices (a huge scary jump!), which has actually resulted in getting to work with MORE of my ideal clients and getting paid what I deserve. We focused on how to get more incoming clients, and after streamlining and altering my prospective client process, I’m booking more weddings!!! I couldn’t be more thrilled with the results, and I love how patient and supportive Kate is!!! She definitely kicked my ass in gear – THANK YOU!”
“Running a photography business is so much more than taking great photos and at times, the business side of things can get pretty overwhelming! Kate helped me sort through all things legal and financial and considering she’s been running a successful photography business for 10 years, I knew I was in good hands before even meeting her! Kate is so knowledgeable, encouraging and an all around sweetheart. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking to add that extra sparkle to their creative endeavors!
“Before meeting with Kate I struggled with pricing structures and editing my images for a “stand out” look. Her honest feedback helped me evaluate my business and set new goals. Kate gave me amazing editing tips & clarity in pricing for my ideal client. She helped me to realize my value and set client expectations. I highly recommend meeting with Kate to get clear direction to reach your photography business goals!”
How does it work?
When you’re ready to chat, use the link at the bottom of this page to purchase your coaching session.
I’ll email you a link to a quick questionnaire that will help me get to know you and what you’re hoping to learn during our session. After I receive your answers, I’ll email you so we can set a date to chat!
I recommend choosing one or two umbrella topics (i.e. pricing and marketing) so that we can cover each topic as thoroughly as possible.
If we’re not able to schedule your coaching session within one month, I’ll refund your payment in full and we can try again whenever you’re ready.
I usually hold meetings using the video chat feature on Facebook Messenger. If you’re local to Boston, we can also meet in person at my office (51 Melcher St. near South Station).
If you still have questions after our meeting, please email me! I want to make sure you’re taken care of! 🙂