A lot of moms are hesitant to jump in front of the camera when they’re pregnant, but I’m so glad when they give me a call anyway. I always want the mamas I photograph to feel beautiful…but more importantly, I think about how special those images will be to her baby someday!
10 years from now, this family will be able to show their sweet daughter how much they loved her before she even entered the world. They’ll show her what life looked like when they were three instead of four. They’ll show her how their family bubble expanded to perfectly fit her. They’ll show her that once upon a time, her “big sister” was in fact pretty little! 🙂
Keep scrolling past the maternity photos to read a little interview and meet Baby E at the end! She’s a beauty!!
1) Please tell us a little bit about your family.
My husband and I have been married for almost 6 years and have two beautiful girls!
2) How did you decide that this was the right time to hire a professional photographer?
Wanted to get some professional maternity photos to show my baby girl someday and some updated family photos outdoors during my favorite time of year! Kate nailed it!
3) Where were each of your sessions held and why?
Maternity/family photos were held outdoors in the park with some beautiful foliage because that is our favorite time of year. And our newborn session was held right at our home which was wonderfully convenient and personal!
4) What was your favorite part? (of either session)
The fun we had while taking the photos, memories we will have forever!
5) Was there anything you were nervous or worried about before hiring a photographer? How did you feel afterward?
You always hope your pictures come out great, which we were thrilled and in love with the way that ours came out!
6) Any funny stories or interesting happenings during your session?
My three-year-old had an absolute blast playing in the leaves during our photo session, I think she thought we were more there for her playtime then taking the photos, which made for some great pictures of her. The funniest part was when she picked up some goose poop to ask what it was?! Eeww LOL we cracked up at that and quickly washed her hands!
7) Of all the photos we took, which is your #1 favorite?
That is definitely very hard to decide, I love some of the ones of by myself pregnant, they are hanging in my baby girl’s room and will be great to show her someday. But I absolutely love the happy photos Kate captured of my toddler, and love the family images we got as well. Our home is now filled with all of our current photos and they are beautiful.
8) Any advice to other families before their photo session?
I would say to pick your favorite spot and time of year and have fun with it! And wearing coordinating outfits looks nice in the photos too!
9) How have you used the images from your session, or what are you planning to do with them?
We used our images for our Christmas cards which came out beautiful, and the rest of the images are printed and scattered around the house in some new frames and collages hanging on our wall.