I admit I’m prone to getting teary while editing wedding photos, but I think Aimée & Tom’s wedding wins the official Kleenex Award. I think it’s because you can really see that they have genuine, selfless love for each other. When I took their photos, it seemed like they forgot I was standing there snapping, and everything else in the world melted away. Such a wonderful connection to witness, and what a perfect day to end the summer wedding season!!
A few fun facts about this wedding:
– Tom is British, and looks like Harry Potter (anyone else see the resemblance too??)
– Aimée met Tom while she was overseas, and they had a trans-Atlantic LDR before they got married. So incredible
– I drove 14 hours each way to get to the wedding, which set my record for wedding travel
– Tom’s dad officiated the ceremony (with the help of an iPad—awesome!!)
– Aimée is a fantastic guitarist, and so the ceremony featured beautiful works for guitar played by her family
– Some lovely friends of Aimée’s family lent us their backyard for the first portion of the wedding photos. It was a PERFECT location!
– During the reception, a storm blew through and cut off the power. Since we were on an island, no one knew when (or if) they power would come back on, so they lit the whole place with candles
(If you’re reading via Google Reader, please click here to watch the slideshow!)