I write this post at the end of every year, and it’s always such a cathartic and celebratory way to reflect on the past 12 months and make commitments to grow in the new year.
Usually I write mostly about professional news, but this year I grew the most outside of work life – so I thought I would share about our personal updates first.
As someone who always strives to achieve something new and stick to the “official life plan,” this year was a huge kick in the pants and and a big learning curve. With our challenges in trying to start a family and a crash course in homeownership, it was basically all I could do to survive 2019, serve my clients, and keep overwhelm in check. I’ve always known that life is out of my control, but it’s one thing to know something and another to experience it personally.
This year, the best antidote to fear and sadness has been gratitude.
So with that in mind, here are the things I’m grateful for in 2019:
- For my husband E, my mom, and the friends and family who simply hugged me when when I cried or patiently listened when I wouldn’t stop talking about the latest article I googled. Especially Krysten – what would I do without you?!
- For the opportunity to experience being a mama, even if for the shortest amount of time — because I got a tiny firsthand taste of why my clients love motherhood, and now I know exactly what we’re working toward. And for everything our angel taught us, even the hard lessons.
- For the women who shared their own miscarriage stories, who kept daring me to hold onto that dangerous & powerful emotion called hope.
- For the clients who became friends this year after bonding over shared experiences. For the photo sessions that got me out of bed and smiling each day. And for the clients who owed me absolutely nothing, yet still reached out to offer deadline extensions this summer when they heard I was going through a rough patch. (Seriously, I will never forget that. I have the best clients. ❤️)
- For Abby at Above Health and Emily Tevald and Sandy Klemmer at Boston Yoga Union. (and my therapist, even though I know she’ll never read this 😉 ) You helped me learn more about my health and mind this year. I may not be able to control my body, but you help me respect it and keep my mind in check. For that I am so thankful.
- For finding The Wing and being surrounded by hardworking women entrepreneurs. And for introducing me to two wonderful boss ladies, Taylor and Kelsey, who keep me both focused and laughing.
- For our new condo: finally a little piece of Boston to call our own. It’s the start of a new chapter in our marriage. I’m so excited to make it our home (starting by busting out the paint cans in January!) And for lovely new neighbors who have helped us navigate the challenges of new construction. 😳
- For getting to check off a bucket list item in July when we visited the lavender fields in France. And for the official start of off-season (Jan-April) so that I can finally blog those dang photos!! Coming ASAP! ✨
As we ring in 2020, I honestly have no clue what’s in store for us. This coming year has so many possible paths, and I’m trying to keep my mind open to all of them. I’m ready for a little good luck and will keep fighting for an optimistic outlook.
2020, let’s do this 👊
SO, on a more professional note, it’s time for my favorite annual KLP tradition! Here is one image from every 2019 session that I have permission to share. With 113 sessions photographs and delivered this year, I experienced so much magic, laughter, and chaos through the eyes of my littlest clients.
I hope viewing these images brings you as much joy as I felt creating them!
Choose your own adventure: you can scroll down to view all the images quickly, or you can watch this 3-minute slideshow to give your thumbs a break! They’re the same images in two different formats. Enjoy!!!
(make sure to hit the “full screen” button for the best viewing experience!)
Cheers to an amazing 2020 and the new decade, y’all! 💕